and the sun has got his hat on........ this week has mostly been: • genentics appointment to talk through my family history and take lots of blood (always a tricky procedure with me as I can only offer one arm and that has had chemo blasting it's poor old veins) - CHECK • packing for large-haired eldest's scout camp - CHECK • packing for fluffy youngest's camping trip with the family Riches - CHECK • buying, wrapping teacher's gifts - CHECK • trip St Thomas's hospital with my little friend and his mum to see lovely Steve Martin looky-likey doctor.......mmmmmm! - CHECK • started new medication for the breast pain. I can't wake up in the morning and I feel like I've been on the town and woken up with a sisal rug for a tongue! - CHECK • unpacking Fluffy youngest's bag as she had repacked it as if she was going for 3 weeks (Good job you're not taking the mini Mrs R) - CHECK • Taking scout leader through all of Large haired eldest's medical list (poor child has too much to take, he needs another rucksack for his medicines :-( ) - CHECK • waiting for large haired eldest to ring frantically after school to invite his mates over for an X-box challenge (where did I put the fabreeze?) - CHECK • making time to talk to my lovely husband - NOPE NOT CHECK as he's very busy and we don't get to sit down.............
All of you with small peeps enjoy the lie-in on monday morning! Here comes summer x
I can't stop looking at this most spiffing website what's the colour of.......clouds, breakfast, heaven, summer, wales, india, snow etc etc. It's addictve!
'THE COLOR OF is a site trying to help define the color of anything, by querying and aggregating image data from Flickr. It is an attempt at answering a potentially complex and abstract question in an objective manner, by using simple algorithms on data originating from subjective human perceptions'.
I have a VERY big yearning for a campervan (as does my fluffy youngest). LE NUAGE (The Cloud), a wonderful wooden shelter that sleeps 7 people is made by Zébra3 et Le Bruit du Frigo. Isn't it a beautiful little abode? flodeau
beatle juice, beatle juice.................. Designer Marc Valega has created a set of mock-up juice cartons for an imaginary line of drinks called Beatle Juice. The flavours are John Lemon, George Pearrison, Apple Mcartney and Mango Starr.
Things have been a bit chaotic and emotional in the house of Cheese this week! I'm sorry for the lack of posts and piccies but this is why:
• MONDAY - Appointment at clinical psychologist - I have to go through this so that I can opt for bi-lateral masectomies, all very draining and upsetting.
• TUESDAY - had a mini break-down as I received my appointment for genetic testing next tuesday and therefore had a lengthy health form to fill out. All I wanted to do was talk to my dear old mum, so I cried and cried and cried some more.
• WEDNESDAY - Doctor's with large-haired eldest as his asthma is playing up AGAIN!
• THURSDAY - dental appointments for kids. Physiotherapy appointment for lymphodema drainage. Dr's appointment to offload to my wonderful doctor.
• FRIDAY - Eldest had a massive allergic reaction to something, and had swollen eyes and lips. He had to take the day off school and ended up back at the dr's. He's being referred to a consultant now and they've changed his antihistamine. Cooking for my lovely girlfriends who came and braved the chilly weather to eat curry and drink pimms and talk girly stuff. Thanks lovely ladies it was a fun evening.
• SATURDAY - Fluffy youngest had her ears pierced today........Holy Moley what an emotional event. Three girls having their ears done at the same time, plenty of tears, shouting and upset. FIVE soaking wet pre-teens have just descended and have taken over the middle room..............crikey what a noise!
• SUNDAY - two paracetamols and a lie-in I reckon before it all kicks off again next week!
A friend of mine, Charlotte, put me in touch with the very lovely Marty Wilson. Marty is an author, speaker, stand-up comic and all round lovely chap from Oz. He had already produced several other 'What I wish I knew' books but when he was approached by Gary Bertwistle, an author, a dad, a cyclist and co-founder of Tour de Cure (a cancer charity formed out of a passion for cycling and a keenness to kick cancer's ass), 'What I wish I knew about Cancer' was born.
'Every 29 seconds, someone in the world is diagnosed with cancer, and in an instant they have to come to terms with a whole new future'.
Tour de Cure is an Australian charity and they have raised millions of dollars towards finding a cure for cancer, and all the royalties for this book will go toward ' curing this indiscriminate, stubborn and, let's face it, bloody obnoxious disease'.
Within it's pages you'll find ordinary people telling their stories of THE BIG 'C'. How they've coped, how it's affected their families, how much it's hurt and how they're moving on. It's a poignant, funny, sad and thought-provoking read. The photograph of me when I was 20(ish) is hilarious. All 80's big hair, earrings and brooke shields bushy eyebrows........)
I urge you to go and purchase this wonderful little book and let's all stick two fingers up to this horrible disease! go buy it !
Obviously I've got brilliant stuff to show you ( :-) it's just until this flippin' bloggy thing sorts itself or I chuck it out of the window I can only ramble.
Here are a few notings - • It's raining! • I burnt my banana and chocolate muffins (sorry Sheila). • I'm wearing my son's walking boots in for him so he doesn't get blisters at scout camp (I know aren't I lovely?) • It's my mother-in-law's birthday and my friend Donna's birthday today - happy birthday ladies xx • It's raining! • Radio 2's Chris Evans show made me cry this morning • Think I'm getting a blister. • I've eaten 2 burnt banana muffins • It's raining!
Ok this has got the better of me and I'm giving up on Blogger! I still can't see my header, images or any of my thumbnails to the side.I'm a very grumpy cheese! Now looking into swapping to a different blogging format.Anyone done that? Any hints or tips gratefully accepted.
I just can't do a wordy blog, I need pretty pictures :-(
Sorry I can't comment on all your lovely blogs but I can't see your nice piccies.