Saturday 9 July 2011

LIFE'S LIST - part 1 my desert island discs

I do LIKE a good list.
So to pass my pictureless days I'm sharing my life's lists with you.......

Here's NUMBER 1 - My desert island discs

1    Heaven - Talking Heads
2    Hymn of the big wheel - Massive Attack
3    Blister in the sun - The Violent Femmes
4    Living in the Past - Jethro Tull
5    Do the Strand - Roxy Music
6    That's Amore - Dean Martin
7    Heaven knows I'm Miserable know - The Smiths
8    Bankrobber - The Clash
9    Street Spirit (Fade Out) - Radiohead
10   The Story of the Blues - Wah!


Crikey this was hard!
  
This is my 'reserves' list..........or my 'b' siders

Blue Valentine - Tom Waites
The Jezebel Spirit - Brian Eno & David Byrne,
Proud Mary - Creedence Clearwater Revival,
Van Morrison - Have I told you lately, 
Au fond du temple sant (duet from the Pearlfishers) - Andrea Bochelli & Bryn Terfel,  
Happy Hour - The Housemartins,  
This Years Love - David Gray,
Stay (Faraway, so close) - U2
Mr Jones - Talking Heads
She's a lady - Tom Jones

3 comments:

  1. I didn't think they allowed a B list on Desert Island Discs?! or was adding a B list the only way you were ever going to get that post finished?? I know the feeling - how tricky to narrow it down to 10!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope they don't allow a b side but I just couldn't make it ten.......it's really hard!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving your B sides! Feeling your recent frustrations re Blogger - I'm seriously considering moving too. M x

    ReplyDelete