Monday 14 May 2012

Tell me why I don't like mondays

This week I shall be mostly having a chest infection!  
As if the house of Cheese hadn't had enough snot via Large-haired eldest's coughing/choking virus - now in it's 10th week.
I have taken to my bed and am feeling like poo! 
(actually I look a lot like it too).
Fluffy Youngest has her week long school trip to France coming up. 

 I'm already finding her little notes dotted around the house.  'These are my monday clothes, please do NOT move',  'Pile to be packed' and my favourite attached to the combination lock on her suitcase 'the number of this code is 461 - in case of emergency!'  She's packing her hair-straighteners and I'm already envisaging the school calling to say the Chateau has burnt down due to her leaving them on whilst they trudge around trenches.  I have a week of notes and packing and unpacking coming up! My eldest has given her some shopping tips (you'll remember his amazing watch/chav hat combo from his trip last year).  I have filled their short lives with, what I consider, tasteful wooden toys, and beautifully designed knicks and knacks - if she comes home with a hat with 2 cans attached to drinking straws - then I'm moving into the shed!

SENT FROM MY SICK BED!

14 comments:

  1. You might be feeling poo but you still made me laugh! Hope you're feeling better mrs!
    Loving the Orla xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chuck!
      Sick bed all hot and I'm feeling restless.
      Now Fluffy doesn't feel well.
      I'm painting a BIG BLACK X on the front door.......

      Delete
  2. I have that blanket, book and toilet roll! Hope you're feeling better soon, and your daughter has a lovely trip xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      That toilet roll made a guest appearance. It's a look that all those stylists will be hankering after in their next photo shoots.
      The book is fab, isn't it? (loved the film)
      x

      Delete
  3. i hope the snot dries some and you start to feel a little better bit by bit until you feel fabulous. Love the note - i think you should save them. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the snot is fast flowing - hence the supply of luxurious cushioned loo roll!
      Those notes are being saved and I will present them to her on her 18th birthday in a bound volume (It'll be a large one as she is prolific)
      x

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, I hope you all feel better soon and that the chateau survives. Now wouldn't that be embarrassing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get better soon!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tuesday has been brought to you by the the letter 'S' for SNOT, SNEEZES, SORE CHEST, SLEEP and SINUSITIS!

    thank you your lovely comments xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to read you're not well - just not fair! Hope the chest infection soon clears up. In the meantime, would some Ladybird bunting cheer you up? Let me know what kind you like best (Peter and Jane or Well-Loved Tales) and send me your address (email on my blog). Hopefully a bit of nostalgia will help you through the poorliness...
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alix, YES PLEASE!
      I'd love some Peter & Jane bunting.
      Will email you now
      Thanks
      xx

      Delete
  8. Hope that you are feeling better...our shed is cramped and dirty! D xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope by the time you get this you are feeling better!
    Loved this post, especially the note with "I'm not lying" - it soooooooooo took me back and made me wistful for when mine were that age.

    ReplyDelete